Each year the Council produces a Work programme which is subject to the approval of the ministers of Infrastructure and Water Management, of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, and of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. The work programme summarises the advisory topics, the latest status, and the schedule going forward.
In the coming years, the Council’s aim is to help accelerate the necessary transitions in the wider domain of the physical human environment. Because the associated challenges are closely intertwined, most of the Council’s advisory reports will transcend the boundaries of the four ministries responsible for the physical domain.
A number of the topics addressed in prior work programmes will continue in 2020:
- Hazardous substances (work programme for 2019-2020)
- Healthy soils (work programme for 2019-2020)
- Digitisation (work programme for 2018-2019)
- Conference on inclusive transitions (work programme for 2019-2020)
The Council’s five new topics are:
- The social city
- International accessibility of the Netherlands by rail
- Peat meadows: the Green Heart case study
- Biodiversity recovery in public spaces
- The hydrogen economy